Introduction

    Hello! My name is Mistelle Titus, I am a second-year student here at UAF. Although this is my second year, this is my first year here on campus. I am currently majoring in Elementary Education with no minor, yet! I am from Healy Alaska, which is twenty miles outside of Denali National Park, and about two hours away from here. It is a very small town with about 1,000 people and I grew up there the majority of my life. 

My relationship with art is limited nowadays, but when I was in high school I took art class my freshman and sophomore year of school. I really enjoyed doing it and I would always finish my art projects too fast for the pace of the class and my teacher had to give me some side art projects to do. I think my favorite projects were either watercolor painting or mosaics. Now, I have kind of drifted away from art, but I try to have paint nights here and there. The artwork I own and have hanging up in my room is just art I’ve done, but my dad likes to collect different kinds of Native artwork, painting, carvings, etc. I have not been to many museums, but I do enjoy the ones I have been to, and I like the more abstract and contemporary art that is there. 


https://www.timesnownews.com/the-buzz/article/a-memorial-bench-dedicated-to-an-antisocial-man-goes-virall/772627

This is an article about Hayden Kays, a British artist, who is actually the artist of the piece of art I've chose (down below)



Comments

  1. Funny article about the Hayden Kays bench!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mistelle, I also really like abstract art. I love the flower photo you attached, I have never really thought of it killing flowers, only ever picking them and then they welt and die later as they rot. Either way, I love the art you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mistelle, I am also majoring in Elementary Education! I am glad that somebody in this class is also doing this major. I love this piece of art you have chosen. I think it is the simplicity of it that I like. It is definitely an eye catcher.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Preferences and Perspectives - The Romantic Era

Baroque Blog